Find A Lawyer
Find A Lawyer Counter

Post-Times-Sun-Dispatch

The Post-Times-Sun-Dispatch or PTSD is a newsource of serious political satire. Don't let a day go by without PTSD.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

DESPITE A VALIANT EFFORT, WOMAN ENDS UP JUST LIKE HER MOTHER
by R J Shulman
VAN NUYS, CA – For as long as she can remember, aspiring actress Viola Westlake vowed that she would not grow up to be like her mother. “Blanche had such a sad life, men leaving, all that heartbreak and all,” Viola said sipping a cup of dark Joe from a mug at Du Pars Coffee Shop in North Hollywood at three A.M. “But the other day, much to my horror I realized I am exactly like her.”

“Unlike Blanche,” Viola said, “ I went to college, got a degree in astrophysics from the University of Texas, played for two seasons with the WNBA Houston Comets, but when I look in the mirror, I am, none the less, a spitting image of her. The worst thing is,” Viola continued, “is that my Jimmy also went out for a pack of cigarettes and never came back.”

“She really can’t help herself because it’s the natural order of things” said Dr. Mort Kaiser, a psychiatrist from the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, “You know what they say,” Kaiser said, “if you want to know what the girl you are dating will be like, just look at her mother.”
“All is not lost,” said Viola standing in front of her vintage 1946 Plymouth, “Like Blanche, I look fabulous in black and white.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home