Find A Lawyer
Find A Lawyer Counter

Post-Times-Sun-Dispatch

The Post-Times-Sun-Dispatch or PTSD is a newsource of serious political satire. Don't let a day go by without PTSD.

Thursday, December 06, 2007


MITT ROMNEY ON HIS RELIGION: I AM NOT MORMON, I NEVER HAVE BEEN MORMON

by R J Shulman

DES MOINES, Iowa - In a prepared speech, former Massachusetts Governor and GOP Presidential candidate, Mitt Romney addressed the issue of his religious beliefes by denying that he is a Mormon. The issue of his faith as come into question by many Evangelicals who make up a significant part of the Republican base of support.

"The confusion about my faith," Romney said, "is because I have a wide stance. I was praying in a Baptist church, but one of my legs ended up in a pew in a Mormon church next door." Romney's statements directly contradict the claims of several men who say they prayed with Romney in the 80s and 90s in several Mormon churches.

"Look," said Romney, "If I was a Mormon with this much money, would I have just one wife?" Romeny concluded by stating, "I'm not saying all this to pander for votes from the religious right. I just want to know if I have a prayer to be able to convince the flock to get a vote of confidence that when elected President, that they'll know I'll perform my duties religiously."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home