Find A Lawyer
Find A Lawyer Counter

Post-Times-Sun-Dispatch

The Post-Times-Sun-Dispatch or PTSD is a newsource of serious political satire. Don't let a day go by without PTSD.

Friday, July 13, 2007

HARRIET MIERS FORGETS HER APPOINTMENT WITH CONGRESS
by R J Shulman
WASHINGTON – Former White House Counsel Harriet Miers skipped a scheduled hearing in front of the House of Representatives who want to know her knowledge regarding the firings of US district attorneys. “I was so busy forgetting everything I knew about what happened at the White House,” Miers said, “that I forgot all about the time and date for the hearing.” “Besides,” she said, “it conflicted with a hair appointment and with my hair, it would be a Federal crime to miss that appointment.”

Congress is debating whether to officially hold Ms. Miers in contempt of Congress for her failure to appear. “All I can say about Congress trying to hold Harriet contemptible,” said President Bush, “it that for those Congress folks, I have nothing but the utmost contempt.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home