Find A Lawyer
Find A Lawyer Counter

Post-Times-Sun-Dispatch

The Post-Times-Sun-Dispatch or PTSD is a newsource of serious political satire. Don't let a day go by without PTSD.

Thursday, October 02, 2014










ROMNEY: 47% CHANCE I WILL RUN IN 2016

by R J Shulman

GROSSE POINT, Michigan – (PTSD News Service) – In a sit down interview with New York Times reporter Mark Leibovich, former GOP nominee Mitt Romney said that 47% of the American people misunderstood his comment that he didn’t care about 47% of the American people because they were lazy free loaders.  “Actually, Mark,”  Romney said, “the truth is that I don’ t really care about 99.5% of the American people who are lazier than I am because they have less money than I do, but the number 47 just happened to slip out and then 47% of the media twisted it and used it out of context.”

Romney said that if at least 47% of his staff had told him that 47% of Americans would be appalled by his 47% comment, he would have found 47 ways to have articulated his point better.  When asked if he might run for president again, Romney said that since only 47% of the American people still remember how much they hate him, he has a 47% chance he would do better with the voters in 2016. 


Romney denied that he has been obsessing on the number 47 and as proof that he no longer thinks about 47 and has moved on, he is concentrating on 47 other issues including that 47% of Republicans think the party needs new ideas for 2016 and that there are 47 reasons why he is the best new idea for the GOP.  “This time if I ran for President, I would put my 47% comment behind me because there is a 47% possibility that 47 is not my lucky number.” 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home