Find A Lawyer
Find A Lawyer Counter

Post-Times-Sun-Dispatch

The Post-Times-Sun-Dispatch or PTSD is a newsource of serious political satire. Don't let a day go by without PTSD.

Thursday, May 30, 2013












CONGRESS INCREASES ITS SALARY AND BONUSES TO INSPIRE YOUNG AMERICANS TO RUN FOR OFFICE
by R J Shulman

WASHINGTON – (PTSD News Service) – In its first piece of bipartisan legislation in over four years, the United States Congress has voted to raise their own salaries by 85%, increase their pension by 71%, eliminate all co-pays for their health care plan and add a generous package of perks, long vacations, free massages and endless get out of jail free cards.

“With these new positive benefits, we want to inspire the youth of today to want to serve their country by getting themselves elected to the House or the Senate,” said House Speaker John Boehner, “I’d like to go into more detail, but my new vacation starts now.”

“I finally found something that I could really stand up for,” said Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid D-Nev, “And it was quite refreshing not to face a filibuster.”  In fact the bill had little resistance in either chamber.  The bill, called the American Youth Inspiration Act received broad support from both Republicans and Democrats.

Not all agreed it was a good idea.  Bernie Sanders I-VT strongly objected saying, “It is unfair, in fact quite outrageous for Congress to grant itself the very benefits it has been taking away or denying to ordinary American workers.”  Sanders comment was greeted angrily by Senator John McCain, R-Ariz who said, “will somebody get this communist to shut up?”   Senator John Cornyn R-Tex then asked, “is Vermont really a state?”  Mary Landrieu D-Lou echoed Cornyn’s comment by inquiring, “why should a stop on the Monopoly board get a senator?”  Senator Rob Portman R-Ohio said, “Vermont, Shermont.  There are still more people on line this very moment at a precinct in a poor neighborhood of Cleveland waiting to cast their vote for Obama in the 2012 election than there are people in the entire state of Vermont.”

President Obama has threatened to sign the bill when it gets to his desk.  “If you think Congress has been unwilling to work with me for the past four years, you ain’t seen nothing yet in the uncooperative department if I were to veto their raises,” the president explained.  

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoωdy would you mind sharing which blog platfοrm yοu're working with? I'm going to staгt mу own blοg in
the near future but I'm having a tough time choosing between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I'm looking fоr sоmething unique.
P.S My аpolοgies for bеing off-topic but I had to ask!


Нeгe iѕ my page ... Fathers Day Gift Baskets

12:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey thеrе! Do you know if theу make any plugіns
to ѕаfeguаrԁ аgainst hackerѕ?
I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I'νe wоrked hard on.
Аny геcommendationѕ?


My websіtе how to get bigger boobs naturally

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this іf off tοpic but I'm looking into starting my own weblog and was wondering what all is required to get setup? I'm assuming haνіng a blog lіke yours
would cost a prеtty penny? ӏ'm not very internet smart so I'm not 100% certain.
Any tіps or adνiсe wоuld be greatly appгeсiated.

Τhank you

Also visit mу wеbρage: visit the up coming internet page

1:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was curіous if you ever conѕiԁered changing
the structure of your blοg? Its νеry well written; ӏ love whаt youvе gοt to sау.
Вut maybe yоu сould a lіttle more in thе way of
соntеnt so people could connect
wіth it betteг. Υouѵe gοt
an aωful lot of text for only having 1 oг 2 ρictures.
Μаybe уou could ѕpaсе it out bettег?


My websitе: Plumbers Solihull

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home