Find A Lawyer
Find A Lawyer Counter

Post-Times-Sun-Dispatch

The Post-Times-Sun-Dispatch or PTSD is a newsource of serious political satire. Don't let a day go by without PTSD.

Friday, October 24, 2008

McCAIN: I’D BE WINNING IF IT WASN’T FOR THE ECONOMY, THE WAR IN IRAQ, YEARS OF FAILED REPUBLICAN POLICIES, MY SHAMEFUL ATTACKS ON OBAMA AND PICKING SARAH PALIN
By R J Shulman
VINCENNES, Indiana – (PTSD News) - In an exclusive and candid interview, Senator John McCain told the Post Times Sun Dispatch why he thinks he as been slipping in the polls and has fallen behind Senator Barack Obama by as much as 13 points. “This was going to be my time, you know the maverick as president,” McCain said. “Bush stole that from me with his dirty tricks in 2000 in the South Carolina primary and I wasn’t going to lose it this time, but I don’t see how it could have gone worse.”

“There were too many missteps and bad timing,” McCain explained. “The economy imploded right when I was building up the big momentum with my straight talking maverick theme. But mostly, the problem is that I listened to bad advice. They told me to chose Sarah Palin and I said who? They said don’t talk issues just attack Obama and I said what? They said talk about achieving an easy victory in Iraq and I said why? They said talk about more tax cuts for the rich and I said you got to be kidding. I should have just said no.”

McCain admitted that he doesn’t know who he is anymore. “The biggest regret I have so far,” McCain said, “is that I let the party honchos turn my straight talk express into a hate talk express.” When asked if he was going to try and resurrect his former self, McCain said, “now that, my friends, is a bridge to nowhere.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home