Find A Lawyer
Find A Lawyer Counter

Post-Times-Sun-Dispatch

The Post-Times-Sun-Dispatch or PTSD is a newsource of serious political satire. Don't let a day go by without PTSD.

Saturday, October 04, 2008

O. J. CONVICTED, ASKS CONGRESS FOR BAILOUT
By R J Shulman
LAS VEGAS, Nevada – (PTSD News) – Former gridiron great O. J. Simpson was found guilty Friday on all 12 counts of armed robbery of two sports memorabilia dealers. Upon hearing the verdict, Simpson immediately asked for an appeal. “I am appealing to Congress,” Simpson said, “’Cause if you can bail out all those frauds, liars and cheaters on Wall Street who robbed millions of Americans, you can certainly bail out one guy who was trying to steal back sporting items.” Simpson had claimed that he was simply trying to retrieve sports memorabilia that was his.

There seems to be some interest on Capital Hill for the passage of an O.J rescue package. “I think I might support such a bill,” said Ted Stevens, R-Alaska. “I could see why a guy might want to get back his stuff that somebody else has. I mean, what if they took away the stuff used to renovate my house and I went back with my rifle to get it?” “If we don’t bail him out,” said Treasury Secretary Henry Paulsen, “the whole Sports Memorabilia infrastructure would collapse. So I am proposing that Congress give me the unreviewable authority to bail out anyone from jail that I see fit.” “I would support the bailout package,” said Senator Larry Craig, R-Idaho, “if it says something in there about me not being gay.”

However, not everyone in Congress supports the bailout. Dennis Kucinich of Ohio said that the bill did nothing to address helping poor people who were in jail for stealing a loaf of bread to feed their families. Ron Paul said it was not the government who should be involved I bailing out O. J. “Let the fair court system decide this one,” Paul said.

“I might favorcate such a bill,” President Bush said, “if it includes bailing out my friends from jail who I might forget to remember to put on my pardonation list. You know, I have a big administration and I might just forget a few names.”

Simpson told reporters as he was led away in handcuffs, “I guess I can always write a book, you know, one called If I Did Rob the Dudes, Here’s How I Would Have Done It.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*


Recently an insurance company nearly wind up....


A bank is nearly bankrupt......filing chapter 11 protection.


How it affect you? Did you buy insurance? Did you buy mini note or bonds?



Who fault?


They bailout trouble finance company, but they will not bail out your credit card bills……You got no choice, and no point pointing finger but you can prevent similar things from happen again……


The top management of the Public listed company ( belong to "public" ) salary should be tied a portion of it to the shares price ( IPO or ave 5 years ).... so when the shares price drop, it don't just penalise the investors, but those who don't take care of the company.....If this rule is pass on, without any need of further regulation, all industries ( as long as it is public listed ) will be self regulated......because the top management will be concern about their own pay check……
Some might feel that it sound stupid….. as there is long and Short position…but in reality there is still many different caliber CEO…..so there is still long and short…..They can ban short selling definitely they can do something about this.......


Are you a partisan?

Sign a petition to your favourite president candidate, congress member, House of representative again and ask for their views to comment on this, and what regulations they are going to raise for implementation.....If you agree on my point, please share with many people as possible.... Finance and Media are the two only industries can shaken politics ( Maybe Hackers can ), please help to highlight also...

http://remindmyselfinstock.blogspot.com/

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home