Find A Lawyer
Find A Lawyer Counter

Post-Times-Sun-Dispatch

The Post-Times-Sun-Dispatch or PTSD is a newsource of serious political satire. Don't let a day go by without PTSD.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

NY TIMES STANDS BY DECISION TO REJECT AS INAPPROPRIATE McCAIN’S OP ED PIECE CALLED “THE BLITZKRIEG IS WORKING”
By R J Shulman
NEW YORK – New York Times Opinion Page Editor David Shipley defended his decision to reject Senator John McCain’s editorial entitled, “The Blitzkrieg is Working.” “We thought that was a bit over the top,” Shipley said, “especially when he said, ‘today Iraq, tomorrow the World.’” McCain responded by saying, “I was shocked an awed by the rejection and when I am President I will show the Times that we have ways of convincing them to print certain things as they don’t want to be labeled traitors to the Fatherland.”

Shipley pointed out that the Times has rejected many editorials from Presidential candidates as well as from sitting Presidents. “They rejecticated my book report on My Pet Goat,” said President Bush. “They said it was five years tardy and had stuff in my report that was not in the book like the goat saying that the surge was working. Besides they claim I spelled goat wrong.”

The President said he would send Dick Cheney to the Times office to convince them to print his piece. However, the Times recently rejected Cheney’s editorial, “If I Shot My Hunting Buddy in the Face, Here’s How I Did it.” “We thought O J Simpson’s proposed book along the same lines was tasteless,” said Shipley. “After all,” Shipley continued, “We are the New York Times and people expect the highest caliber of uncompromising journalism, so we want to make sure that whatever we print has the integrity of Judith Miller’s work on why we should have invaded Iraq.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home